Dai-Ichi Karate has been in the Missouri City, Stafford area for over 15 years and has been providing martial arts training and mentorship to the youths in the community with great success.
We strive to maximize the personal development of each student in and out of the dojo (school). We take a personal interest in the studentís academic, mental, and physical development.
The head instructor is Ricardo W. John, Sr., 8th degree black belt with over 40 years experience in martial arts and working with youths. Our instructors are courteous accomplished martial artists and trained teachers. Our school prides itself with providing quality instructions.
Dai-Ichi Shotokan Karate-do is committed to being a superior Martial Arts organization that continuously strives to improve the quality and standard of traditional Karate-do teachings delivered to its members and non-members. We believe that enthusiasm for the art of Karate-Do is fundamental in achieving the goals of the organization.
- To deliver quality Martial Arts training by maintaining the high standards of Traditional Karate-do.
- To provide exceptional opportunity for personal growth to our members.
- To promote and foster true brotherhood and sisterhood amongst all fellow budokas.
- Quality Instructions: We provide excellent, reliable, quality, and comprehensive training to our members
- Our Students : Our students are our reason for being. We commit to their individual physical, spiritual, and technical growth and development.
- Perfection of Character: We strive for spiritual, mental, and physical growth and development for all our students.
- Honesty: We are honest and ethical in our relationships. We are accountable for our actions and exhibit trust in others.
- Courtesy & Respect: We are courteous and respectful to others. We promote mutual respect amongst all members of our organization.
- Perseverance: We persevere to achieve excellence of character.
- Self-Discipline: We exhibit restraint on any adverse actions that are confronted with through the mental disciple and mental awareness of our environment.
- Mentorship: We strive to maximize the personal development of each member in and out of the dojo. We take a personal interest in the student’s academic, mental, spiritual, and physical development.